Registration number: 6863043
Registered address: 9A Rawstorne Street, London, EC1V 7NH
A not for profit organisation promoting the drinking of tap water over bottled water. Raising awareness of the economical waste and associated environmental damage of buying bottled waters. With our revolutionary bottle, flavoured tablets, and network of refilling stations, we will provide a cheaper and more sustainable alternative to bottled water and soft drinks.
Products sold to fund the operation:
- Stainless steel life bottles in four sizes
- Flavoured effervescent tablets to add to tap water
- Bottle decorations
All profits (100%) from the sales of our products will be used to expand our network of refilling stations and support tap water related projects in educational establishments throughout the United Kingdom. Our focus will centre on replacing one-use plastics used for drinks, with sustainable mains fed water machines and re-usable bottles.
Main activities of tapwater.org
Provide information on the environmental impact of plastics.
Attend green/environmental events via invitation to educational establishments, to promote the drinking of tap water over bottled water.
Provision of grants to organisations that are working on tap water related projects, where there is a commitment to reduce the use of disposable plastics.
Aims and objectives
To reduce the environmental impact of plastic water bottles.
To save money that would otherwise be spent on bottled water and fizzy drinks.
- Reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
- Reducing the use of oil based plastics used to manufacture bottles.
- Conservation of the earth’s natural resources.
- Reducing CO2 emissions from the transportation of water around the globe.
- Financial savings for every family.
- Health benefits by increasing the drinking of tap water over sugary drinks.